An archive is a .rib file filled with static, ready to render, set of objects, lights and shaders. The objects include the overrides set by the RenderGraph
at the time of the archive creation. This archive can be rendered in Guerilla using a
This workflow can be used to pack a large set of objects (like a large static set) in a single file and continue to work with a lightweight Guerilla project.
It can be used to instanciate ready to render objects using multiple
The archive are also used by
- Prepare a Guerilla project with all the objects, light and RenderGraph setup you want to put in the archive.
- Make sure all the geometry root nodes
Transform -> Hierarchy Modeattributes are in Inherit mode. Otherwise, you won't be able to move the RibBox content.
- Render the project to check everything is rendering fine.
- Write the archive file using the
- Check the
Compressed archiveoption to compress the archive with zlib. In that case, the file extension will be .rib.gz.
- In a Guerilla project, create a
Procedural/RibBoxnode using the command Create/Create RibBox....
- Select your archive filename.
- Press the
RibBox/Refresh Boxesbutton to see a bounding box in the viewport.
- Set the RibBox
Transform -> Hierarchy Modeattributes to the original root node hierarchy mode, otherwise the orientation of the geometry may be wrong.