A RenderGraph is a nodal graph that describes the rendering properties of
the objects and lights of the scene.
The rendering aspect of the objects are expressed as attributes, and can be
controlled by the RenderGraph. For instance, the sideness of the objects is
controlled by the
- Modify any object attributes such as the sideness, the subdivision
- Assign materials and tweak the material properties, textures and subshaders
- Put the objects in sets to control the light linking, the shadow linking, the trace linking and the layering.
- Control the light attributes.
- Override the light attributes per object.
The RenderGraph is an efficient way to separate the input data from the edits/overrides over these data, so it is possible to remove/update a geometry reference without losing any work done: the overrides are located in the RenderGraph, not on the geometry.