All rendering processes output image or data file, which location is set by default when you create the pass. The location can be changed in the Pass > File Pattern attribute of the pass.
File name specifiers
The file path of a pass can be a combination of several specifiers, such as the frame number, the pass name, the stereo eye, or any environment variable.
The specifiers are:
- $f - The frame number without prefixed 0. It will be replaced by 1, 2, 3, ..., 101, 102, 103.
- $0xf - The frame number with x prefixed 0. "$03f" will be replaced by 001, 002, 003, ..., 102, 103.
- $e - The eye number, where 1 is the left eye.
- $E - The eye name (that is "left" or "right").
- $c - The camera name including prefix
- $C - The camera name excluding prefix
- $l - The pass name.
- $L - The pass name stripped of any reference prefix.
- $o - The output name (ie. AOVs for RenderPass layers).
- $n - The parent output node name (ie. RenderLayers for RenderPass).
- $x - The default file extension.
For instance, let's consider a RenderPass named "render", which contains:
The pass file pattern is "$(IMAGES)/$l_$n_$o.$05f.$x", and the environment variable IMAGES is /tmp/images. The following files are generated at frame 1:
Default file naming
The default location is, for each type of pass:
- RenderPass: $(IMAGES)/$l_$n_$o_$e_$05f.$x
- Bake2D: $(IMAGES)/$l_$n_$o_$05f.$x
- Compositing: $(IMAGES)/$l_$o_$e_$05f.$x