Forum

#1 2017-03-01 18:28:10

bonovasitch

multipart exr fail to launch

I'm just playing around with a multipart exr approach to compositing but I have not been successful rendering multipart exrs out of Guerilla.  From the command line I can create a multipart just fine with the "exrmultipart" command (openexr2.2).

I'm simply enabling the multi part attribute on the renderpass.  File format is OpenEXR.  All my aovs are still being written to their own locations.

The render log seems to report that multipart has been requested,

Code:

03/01/2017 11:46:40 198M [??] INIT LOG: [display 1] file: $(IMAGES)/test_multiexr/layer/albedo/albedo_$E.0150.exr driver: exr mode: rgba bitdepth: half opacity: from shader alpha: associated colorspace: linear multilayer: Layer_Albedo preclamp: 0 10 postclamp: 0 1000 filtermin: no deepimage: no deepcompression: 0.1 deepmerge: no compression:  multipart: yes

Is there something else expected from my environment or the guerilla project?

#2 2017-03-02 09:48:39

hulud
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

Re: multipart exr fail to launch

Hi Bonovasitch

If you want to put multiple AOVs in the same file, simply set the same filename to those AOVs, using a pattern like :

Code:

$l_$n_$e_$05f.$x

Guerilla detects that multiple AOVs are written in the same file and put them in different channels or parts.

The multipart flag controls how those multiple images are stored in the EXR file. With multipart=off, the aovs are stored in channels, in an 1.0 EXR file. If multipart=on, the aovs are stored in parts (different images inside the exr file). This is an EXR 2.0 feature.

See the documentation : http://guerillarender.com/doc/1.4/User% … files.html

Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Guerilla developer
http://www.mercs-eng.com

#3 2017-03-02 15:58:30

bonovasitch

Re: multipart exr fail to launch

Can't believe i missed that section of the docs.  Sorry about that, and thanks!

Board footer