Forum

#1 2017-05-10 02:19:58

nagol

Coalition home rendering

Hi everyone! I'm trying to set up a small Coalition farm with our pcs at home. I have only found a way to make it work with all worker pcs but not the server. I'm wondering if you had a method to make workers and server render. I'm trying really hard because we only have 3 machines, and need that uno pc that won't follow.

I think the problem comes from the way I set up my network partition (where I installed Guerilla and Coalition, and shared with my local network), and although it seems very basic Windows stuff, I've tried a few things already and can't get it to work how I'd like it to yet.

Muchas gracias if you know a way around this.
Sorry if this isn't the area to talk about Coalition, I just wasn't really sure where to go, and came here with hope in my heart.

#2 2017-05-11 09:27:29

hulud
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

Re: Coalition home rendering

Hi Nagol,

You have to install Coalition 3.8 in server mode on the server computer. The server run as a windows service. You can check it is running using the monitor page at http://127.0.0.1:19211

Simply install the worker version on each PC and run it when you want the PC to be a render slave. It should open a cmd window. The worker should detect automatically the server.

The workers should be visible in the "Workers" tab of the server monitor.

Once in Guerilla, Setup your farm manager using Coalition, and enter the hostname/local ip address of the server in Passes -> Settings -> Coalition -> Server Host attribute, or click Detect

Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Guerilla developer
http://www.mercs-eng.com

#3 2017-05-11 15:16:24

Réjane

Hi Nagol!

Don't forget that on the standard connected license you only are allowed 1 Guerilla per IP address.

Well, since I figure you are in our education program smile you are eligible to more, but then we have to open more licenses for you and I don't remember that it was done...

This being said, if you need licenses you have my email...

<Mercenaries Engineering, official supporter of the agricultural world: see more there>

#4 2017-05-11 15:44:37

nagol

Hello thanks for your two quick replies!! For the licences, we set them up with you already Réjane no worries, we've been running 3 Guerillas in the house for a whole season now!

Hulud, I followed all your steps, and it works, but only for the workers still.. This is what the server tells me when it's working in the log:

WORKER Bertha-1: exec ""\\BERTHA\Papagueneaux\Guerilla Render/lua" "FarmTest_002_00011.lua""
The network name cannot be found.
WORKER Bertha-1: end
WORKER Bertha-1: Job returns code: 1

Bertha is my pc

This folder "Papagueneaux" is an old folder I had set up in previous tests. It seems that Guerilla is storing this location somewhere, and I can't figure out how to change it to the proper location.

My install folder is R:/Guerilla Render (it is a partition of the server's hard drive, called uhmm locally, but Rhmm on the network, don't know if I'm clear with this, I have trouble understanding it).

The folder of the Guerilla Project I'm running is in R:/Farm Test

Many thanks again,
Sorry if I'm explaining this poorly, I'm really trying my best.

Nagol

#5 2017-05-11 15:47:53

hulud

Guerilla is using the GUERILLA environment variable to locate the Guerilla application on the workers. You may have installed it in this network folder once. Change this variable to the Guerilla installation dir on every workers and relaunch the coalition workers.

Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Guerilla developer

#6 2017-05-11 16:17:35

nagol

That doesn't seem to be it, I've got all three pcs set to R:/Guerilla Render, I had already added the GUERILLA variable.

What is the User Environment in the farm settings, could I use that to force a certain location maybe?

Last edited by nagol (2017-05-11 16:17:56)

#7 2017-05-11 16:28:25

hulud

Can you open a cmd window and type

echo %GUERILLA%

to make sure the variable is set on the bad worker PC ?

Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Guerilla developer

#8 2017-05-12 01:47:01

nagol

Hey again, that was exactly the problem, Papagueneaux was an old environment variable I had set, thanks so much it works perfectly now!
I told it to talk to my new install folder R:/Guerilla Render

Until next time
Nagol

Last edited by nagol (2017-05-12 01:48:15)

#9 2017-05-12 08:56:36

hulud

Great ! Have fun guys !

Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Guerilla developer

Board footer