Forum

#1 2016-07-15 21:09:06

fgagnon

Same scene, different computer, no lights

Hey.

Using the same version of Guerilla (1.4.0b40) on two computers, the scene i'm working on has no lights anymore. There used to be a couple of lights around the geometry but they're not in there anymore.

Sorting the node list by light, displaying lights only in the viewport, the lights are gone. I can't work on the previous computer anymore. I do have many versions of the scene and lights wont show. Passes are rendering black. I'm very challenged to find out why lights would be gone and how to bring them back.

They havent been deleted.

Has anyone an idea of whats going on ?

#2 2016-07-18 18:05:42

Narann

Re: Same scene, different computer, no lights

If you open the .gproject in a text editor, and search for light name, do you see them?

#3 2016-07-20 16:41:30

fgagnon

Hello.
Yeah actually it is computer related. But both computers use the same version of Guerilla. In another computer, lights are gone, in both the viewport and the node list, but this one scene will have lights in place in the other computer.

It is the weirdest situation I ever ran into regarding any aspect of doing CG...

#4 2016-07-20 17:18:16

Narann

Could you share the gproject?

Have you any error in console when you open?

#5 2016-07-21 11:10:29

Ben
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

fgagnon :

But both computers use the same version of Guerilla. In another computer, lights are gone, in both the viewport and the node list, but this one scene will have lights in place in the other computer.

And lights are also missing from the Node List? If not, this is probably something related to OpenGL display.

Benjamin 'Ben' Legros
Guerilla developer
http://www.guerillarender.com

Board footer