Forum

#1 2016-07-28 14:07:13

wealthtransfer

noise

I started with querilla render and how can I reduce noise
Also I am rendering skin and getting a dark line at facing angle from specular. How can I fix this also

#2 2016-07-28 14:24:02

MattRM

Re: noise

Hi wealthtransfer,

For reduce the noise, use more samples, you have information for that in the documentation (sampling wink ).
For the dark line, one way is to down the Fresnel Blend near 0.0, that will solve your problem.

I'll let the dev answer too about Fresnel blend also, because I think will be different in the future (remove that artefact).
A++

Matt

#3 2016-07-28 15:25:26

Narann

wealthtransfer :

I started with querilla render and how can I reduce noise

Try your render with 8x8 and 1024 samples and tell us if you still have noise.

#4 2016-07-28 15:36:58

Ben
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

Hi weathertransfert,

I suggest you check your lighting conditions.
If you have, say, key and fill lights, but no environment, reflections are usually black, and objects are likely to have dark edges in spec at grazing angles.
In this case, you should add an EnvLight for the ambient lighting.

The Fresnel Blend parameter MattRM told about dials this down, but breaks energy conservation, and this may lead to glowing edges when using environment. This parameter is generally used to compensate for energy loss that can happen here and there, so a value of 0.8 is a good deal.

Ben

Benjamin 'Ben' Legros
Guerilla developer
http://www.guerillarender.com

#5 2016-08-10 18:07:57

wealthtransfer

Hello sorry for the delay reply been busy working on a project but want to do a personal project with querilla. I am still getting noise and its like what ever I do at the render settings it do not affect my scene. Help please

#6 2016-08-10 20:13:11

Narann

wealthtransfer :

Hello sorry for the delay reply been busy working on a project but want to do a personal project with querilla. I am still getting noise and its like what ever I do at the render settings it do not affect my scene. Help please

Are you looking at the good Renderpass? There is a bunch of tutorials here. Did you tried them?

Maybe a "reduce noise" tutorial could be interesting.

#7 2016-08-10 20:18:49

wealthtransfer

Ok looking at them will update shortly.

#8 2016-08-10 20:21:24

wealthtransfer

Is there a scene that querilla provides to help in study? Apart from the Perry Smith head bust

Last edited by wealthtransfer (2016-08-10 20:24:08)

#9 2016-08-10 22:04:41

Narann

In Help/Samples, you will find many different use case.

Board footer