Forum

#1 2017-03-23 10:42:31

sachalek

moving objects and lights together

Hi,

I am rendering two rooms in an apartment, but I did the lookdev for each room separately. The two rooms are joined by a door, and the door will open, so I'm trying to combine the two Guerilla files by creating a reference of one into the other. The problem is, each room is at 0,0,0 so they are on top of each other, and not facing the same direction. When I select the geometry and lights of one of the rooms to try and move and rotate it, everything moves apart from each other and doesn't move together.

How can I rotate objects and lights together in world space?

Thanks,
Sarah

#2 2017-03-23 12:35:57

doubleailes
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

Re: moving objects and lights together

If you got a Root node (contain the whole geometrys from room1) drag and drop all the lights from the room1 into this node.

Root Room 1
       |-> Lights Room 1
       |-> Lights Room 1
Root Room 2
       |-> Lights Room 2
       |-> Lights Room 2

Most of the time it's wise to group all the lights into a node you can call it for exemple Light-Rig. So you just need to turn the light the same way you turn the room of drag n drop this rig into the root node to create the parent-child hierarchy i was talking.
Be aware you need to be sure the lights are in inherit mode (which the default mode)

Move it!

Cheers.

Philippe Llerena

#3 2017-03-23 16:28:34

sachalek

Re: moving objects and lights together

Thanks, in fact that's something I've already tested and it didn't work though. I'll try again.

Board footer