Forum

• Index
  •  » UI
  •  » Aim spotlight to a target?

#1 2017-06-02 16:13:57

subdproxy

Aim spotlight to a target?

Hello,

I have a concert scene with 10 spotlights. I am trying to aim all the spotlights to a target at one time instead of individual controls? Is there a way to aim all the spotlights to one target? Thank you.

Glen

#2 2017-06-02 16:22:58

subdproxy

Re: Aim spotlight to a target?

subdproxy :

Hello,

I have a concert scene with 10 spotlights. I am trying to aim all the spotlights to a target at one time instead of individual controls? Is there a way to aim all the spotlights to one target? Thank you.

Glen

Ok, I think I figured it out. In the Transform Stack of the Spotlight I added a Target Transform for each Spotlight that I wanted to control (Transform->Transform Stack->Target Transform-> select Add). A new SpotLight Target was created. I created a NewNode in the Create menu (Create->Create Node) and then parented the SpotLight targets that were created earlier by dragging the Spotlight Target to the NewNode.

Is there a different way to accomplish this task or is this it? Thank you.

Glen

Last edited by subdproxy (2017-06-02 16:23:12)

#3 2017-06-02 17:06:59

Ben
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

Hi Glen,

You can create a target for each of your spotlight, then constraint the targets to a single locator.
I guess that would do the trick.

Ben

Benjamin 'Ben' Legros
Guerilla developer
http://www.guerillarender.com

#4 2017-06-02 17:28:09

subdproxy

Ben :

Hi Glen,

You can create a target for each of your spotlight, then constraint the targets to a single locator.
I guess that would do the trick.

Ben

Thank you for the quick reply. That works!

Glen

#5 2017-06-07 19:33:48

subdproxy

Hi Ben,
     I am working on a scene that requires the lights to be animated on and off quickly. Similar to what you would see in a concert. Is there a way to see the lights in the the perspective view instead of using the progressive render? I don't need to see textures, just the basic lighting information.

Thank you,
Glen

#6 2017-06-08 17:53:03

Ben
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

Hi Glen,

No, the viewport doesn't render lighting at all.
We're working on a fast previs of the full lighting in the render view for 2.0, but this is not available yet.

Ben

Benjamin 'Ben' Legros
Guerilla developer
http://www.guerillarender.com

#7 2017-06-08 18:32:57

subdproxy

Ben :

Hi Glen,

No, the viewport doesn't render lighting at all.
We're working on a fast previs of the full lighting in the render view for 2.0, but this is not available yet.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the update!

Glen

• Index
  •  » UI
  •  » Aim spotlight to a target?

Board footer