Forum

#1 2017-06-08 17:53:37

AnthonyTran

Alembic time offset

Hello!

First time posting here but I've been using Guerilla for the last few months for my graduation film, I really enjoy working with it smile

I'd like to set a time offset on my alembic animation I exported from maya. I tried to use the Animation parameters from the properties pane but I can't get any result when I tweek them.

Is there something else to do in order to have a time offset?

Thanks!

#2 2017-06-08 17:58:26

Ben
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

Re: Alembic time offset

Hi Anthony,

Right now, the OpenGL viewport won't show the time offset, but the render should be time offset correctly.

Ben

Benjamin 'Ben' Legros
Guerilla developer
http://www.guerillarender.com

#3 2017-06-08 18:12:21

AnthonyTran

Thanks for your quick reply Ben.

I tried a few times to render after changing the offset but the object stays in the same place.  I think I tried both already but should I set the offset on the object itself or the reference node?

I tried to export with both maya alembic export and the guerilla plugin but I don't find what I'm doing wrong.

#4 2017-06-08 18:42:06

AnthonyTran

Actually, it worked with an alembic from SpeedTree, so I guess the problem is from my other alembic file from maya.

Edit:  The first test was only a cube with a simple transform animation and the time offset didn't seem to work but with a cloth simulation it works fine. Does the time offset not work with alembic files that only contains transformation animation?

Last edited by AnthonyTran (2017-06-08 20:01:44)

#5 2017-06-08 23:38:47

Ben
Guerilla dev, the guy to hug

Oh yeah, you're right, the transform is actually not offset, sorry for that.

Benjamin 'Ben' Legros
Guerilla developer
http://www.guerillarender.com

Board footer